Move Your Pet European Union
Leave the details to us!
Moving to the European Union? Pet import into EU Member States is now easier than ever, whether your pet is going for the first time or returning home.
Air Animal knows and understands the sequence of pet import requirements. We'll take care of all the details including which ID microchip to use, timing the rabies vaccination, issuing the EU Pet Travel Certificate, and arranging for the accredited veterinarian.
Pets entering the EU are required to arrive within five days of their owners or authorized agent - if not, additional fees will apply.
Five easy steps to follow when planning a pet move to the European Union:
- Have your pet microchipped
- Vaccinate your pet against rabies after microchipping
- Pets entering the EU are required to wait at least 21 days after vaccination before entry
- Consult with your accredited veterinarian to schedule your pet's international health certificate appointment
- Obtain the required USDA Export Endorsement from your regional USDA Office
- Should you plan to move more than five pets to the EU, an import permit is required.
Countries with an asterisk (*) require additional veterinary procedures such as internal parasite treatment or FAVN-OIE:
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom*