Move Your Pet Hawaii or Guam
Leave the details to us!
Even though Hawaii and Guam are part of the U.S. moving your pet to the islands is full of airline rules, regulations and complex timelines. Let Air Animal Pet Movers® deal with the details transporting your pets into your island paradise and from the islands to the continental United States.
To avoid delays and unexpected short-term quarantine, we follow these steps in this order:
- Microchip the pet for identification purposes with a 15-digit ISO chip.
- Your pet will need proof of two rabies vaccinations to show there has been no lapse in protection. The most recent rabies vaccination should be given at least 30 days before but less than 3 years before entry if the pet received the 3-year vaccine. If your pet received a 1-year vaccine, travel must be within that 1-year time span.
- Wait 15 days after rabies vaccination, then a rabies antibody test [FAVN-OIE] must be sent to an accredited lab.
- When the blood sample arrives at the lab, the 120-day at-home quarantine begins.
- Book an appointment with your veterinarian to issue an interstate pet health certificate. Your veterinary appointment for the interstate health certificate must be within 10 days of flight arrival in Hawaii or Guam.
- These required vaccinations must be listed on the health certificate: DA2PPL/DAPPL (distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus, parainfluenza and leptospirosis) and for dogs and FVRCP (feline rhinotracheitis, calcivirus, and panleukopenia) and for cats.
- Internal and external parasite treatment is required and must be listed on the health certificate.
Please register with a local veterinarian near your new home to keep your pet's rabies vaccination up to date. Veterinarians typically send reminder notices when vaccinations are due. If another move is in your future, you and your pet will be ready.
Air Animal Pet Movers® and our U.S. move specialist knows the drill, knows the routine, and is experienced. Pet moving made easy®. That's our focus, our passion and our promise.