Move Your Pet Australia
Leave the details to us!
Relocating to Australia for work, or returning home from an American assignment? Air Animal's team uses their knowledge and experience with the DAFF requirements to manage your pet's relocation with great care and efficiency. Youâ€™ll have more time to focus on the rest of your relocation. Plan ahead 7 months minimum.
We can take care of:
- Microchipping your pet (if not previously micro chipped).
- Verifying the rabies vaccinations.
- Managing the two required identity declarations by two different USDA-accredited veterinarians and providing the identity declaration certificate.
- Managing the FAVN-OIE Rabies Antibody blood draw by a USDA-accredited veterinarian.
- Managing the antigen test for Leishmania, Brucella Canis and Leptospirosis (dogs only).
- Submitting the blood serums to an approved government laboratory.
- Managing the USDA RNATT declaration by a USDA-accredited veterinarian.
- Managing the requirements of the 180-day waiting period that follows step #7.
- Securing the DAFF import permit which can take more than four months.
- Booking quarantine space in Melbourne, Australia. Pets that complete all Australian identity check steps, or can prove the pets originated in Australia, are eligible for 10 days quarantine. All others will spend 30 days in quarantine.
- Assuring approved external and internal parasite treatments are given.
- Preparing the international health certificate.
- Obtaining USDA endorsement all Australian health documents.
- Booking USA cross-country flight (if necessary).
- Booking Los Angeles transfer (if necessary).
- Scheduling the trans-Pacific flight.
- Issuing the airline air cargo air waybill and checking pets in for the international flight.
- We can arrange to deliver pet to residences after quarantine.
After you move:
Please register with a local veterinarian to keep your pet's rabies vaccination up to date. Veterinarians typically send reminder notices when vaccinations are due.
Also consider having your U.S. veterinarian run a complete blood count, a differential and chem panel on your dog or cat before moving. Take the report with you to share with your new veterinarian. If another move is in your future, you and your pet will be ready.
Air Animal Pet Movers® and our Australian specialists know the drill, know the routine, and are experienced. Pet moving made easy®. Our passion. Our focus. Our promise.