Move Your Pet British Virgin Islands
Leave the details to us!
Moving your pet to Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Anegada or Jost Van Dyke is full of airline rules, regulations and complex timelines. Let Air Animal Pet Movers® deal with the details transporting your pets into your island paradise and from the islands to the United States.
To avoid delays and unexpected short-term quarantine, we follow these steps in this order:
- Your pet must have resided in your country of origin for at least six months before entering the British Virgin Islands.
- Microchip the pet for identification purposes with a 15-digit ISO chip.
- Certify a current rabies vaccination. If your pet enters the British Virgin Islands with a current 3-year rabies vaccination which is more than one year old, then additional documentation will be required. Please inquire for details.
- Wait 30 days after rabies vaccination, then a rabies antibody test [FAVN-OIE] must be sent to an accredited lab.
- After the blood draw results arrive, book an appointment with your veterinarian to issue an international pet health certificate. Your veterinary appointment for the international health certificate must be within 10 days of flight arrival in the British Virgin Islands.
- The required vaccinations are: DA2PPL/DAPPL (distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus, parainfluenza and leptospirosis) and Lyme Disease for dogs and FVRCP (feline rhinotracheitis, calcivirus, and panleukopenia) and Lyme Disease for cats.
- An import permit and a paid import fee for each pet is required. Air Animal also takes care of notifying BVI authorities 24 hours before arrival.
After you move:
Please register with a local veterinarian to keep your pet's rabies vaccination up to date. Veterinarians typically send reminder notices when vaccinations are due. If another move is in your future, you and your pet will be ready.
Air Animal Pet Movers® and our Caribbean specialist knows the drill, knows the routine, and is experienced. Pet moving made easy®. That's our focus, our passion and our promise.