Move Your Pet Cayman Islands
Leave the details to us!
The Cayman Islands are a British Overseas Territory in the Caribbean Sea. Moving your pet is full of airline rules, regulations and timelines. Let Air Animal Pet Movers® deal with the details transporting your pets into your island paradise and from the islands to the United States.
The Cayman Islands do not accept the following breeds or mixes of these breeds:
- Pit Bull Terrier and its breed types;
- Dogo Argentino and its breed types;
- Fila Brazileiro and its breed types;
- Japanese Tosa and its breed types; and
- Any breed of dog or crossbreed of dog whose breeding lineage was for the primary purpose of dog fighting.
To avoid delays and unexpected short-term quarantine, we follow these steps in this order:
- Microchip the pet for identification purposes with a 15-digit ISO chip.
- Certify a current rabies vaccination. If your pet must be vaccinated, you will need to wait 30 days before taking the next step.
- Schedule a veterinary visit for a rabies antibody blood test [FAVN-OIE]. This test must be sent to an accredited lab.
- After the rabies antibody test results arrive, book an appointment with your veterinarian to issue an international pet health certificate. Your veterinary appointment for the international health certificate must be within 14 days of flight arrival.
- USDA export endorsement is not required.
- Internal and external parasite treatment is required within 14 days of arrival.
- An import permit is required and is valid for 14 days. Air Animal takes care of notifying officials of your pet’s arrival date.
After you move:
Please register with a local veterinarian to keep your pet's rabies vaccination up to date. Veterinarians typically send reminder notices when vaccinations are due. If another move is in your future, you and your pet will be ready.
Air Animal Pet Movers® and our Caribbean specialist knows the drill, knows the routine, and is experienced. Pet moving made easy®. That's our focus, our passion and our promise.