Move Your Pet Costa Rica
Leave the details to us!
Moving your pet to requires careful airline scheduling and attention to detail. Let Air Animal Pet Movers® deal with the details transporting your pets into to your Central American home.
We can take care of:
- Microchipping the pet before the rabies vaccination.
- Certifying a current rabies vaccination at least 21 days before entry for pets older than 3 months. Either a 1-year or a 3-year vaccination is acceptable. This certificate must accompany the health documents.
- Book an appointment with an USDA-accredited veterinarian to issue an international pet health certificate. Your veterinary appointment for the international health certificate must be within 14 days of flight arrival in Costa Rica. The health certificate must have USDA endorsement.
- Treatment for internal and external parasites within 15 days of arrival in Costa Rica.
- These required vaccinations must be given at least 15 days before arrival and listed on the international health certificate: DA2PPL/DAPPL (distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus, parainfluenza and leptospirosis) for dogs and FVRCP (feline rhinotracheitis, calcivirus, and panleukopenia) for cats.
- An import permit is required for unaccompanied pets.
- Importing pets other than cats and dogs may require an import permit, home quarantine, additional treatments or sterilization.
After you move:
Please register with a local veterinarian to keep your pet's rabies vaccination up to date. Veterinarians typically send reminder notices when vaccinations are due.
Also consider having your U.S. veterinarian run a complete blood count, a differential and chem panel on your dog or cat before moving. Take the report with you to share with your new veterinarian. If another move is in your future, you and your pet will be ready.
Air Animal Pet Movers® and our Central American specialist knows the drill, the routine, and is experienced. Pet moving made easy®. That's our focus, our passion and our promise.