Move Your Pet Guam
Leave the details to us!
Limited Access to Guam
Only military members with PCS orders are eligible to relocate to Guam with a pet. You are responsible for booking the Hawaii-to-Guam flight with United Airlines after arriving in Honolulu, HI. Dogs and cats in 200 to 500P kennels are accepted. United Airlines no longer accepts large dogs requiring giant 700P travel kennels.
To avoid delays and unnecessary expense, please follow these steps in this order:
- Microchip the pet for identification purposes with a 15-digit ISO chip.
- Your pet will need proof of at least two rabies vaccinations during its lifetime. The most recent rabies vaccination should be valid at departure and administered at least 30 days before but less than 3 years before entry if the pet received a 3-year vaccine. If your pet received a 1-year vaccine, travel must be within that 1-year time span.
- A rabies antibody blood test [FAVN-OIE] must be run at least 120 before departure by an accredited lab with results >0.5 IUs.
- A 120-day stateside at-home quarantine clock starts when the rabies antibody blood sample is received by the accredited lab.
- An import permit is required for entry. The application must be submitted 30 days before arriving in Guam.
- These required vaccinations must be listed on the health certificate: DA2PPL/DAPPL (distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus, parainfluenza and leptospirosis) and Bordetella bronchiseptica (kennel cough) for dogs and FVRCP (feline rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, and panleukopenia) for cats.
- External parasite treatment is required with Frontline (Fipronil) and must be listed on the health certificate. Revolution is not acceptable.
- Book an appointment with your veterinarian to issue an interstate pet health certificate within 10 days of your pet’s flight to Guam. USDA export endorsement is not required.
- When the pet health certificate is issued, submit it to Guam’s Department of Agriculture with a copy of the import permit application and the health certificate. Guam will then issue the import permit.
After you move:
Please register with a local veterinarian to keep your pet's rabies vaccination up to date. Veterinarians typically send reminder notices when vaccinations are due. If another move is in your future, you and your pet will be ready.
Air Animal Pet Movers® and our U.S. move specialists know the drill, know the routine, and are experienced. Pet moving made easy®. That's our focus, our passion and our promise.