Move Your Pet Hawaii
Leave the details to us!
Even though Hawaii is part of the U.S. moving your pet to the islands is full of rules, regulations and complex timelines. Let Air Animal Pet Movers® deal with the details transporting your pets into your island paradise. We also move pets from the islands to the continental United States.
To avoid delays and unexpected short-term quarantine, we follow these steps in this order:
- Microchip the pet for identification purposes with a 15-digit ISO chip.
- Your pet will need proof of two rabies vaccinations to show there has been no lapse in protection. The most recent rabies vaccination should be given at least 30 days before but less than 3 years before entry if the pet received the 3-year vaccine. If your pet received a 1-year vaccine, travel must be within that 1-year time span.
- Wait 15 days after rabies vaccination, then a rabies antibody test [FAVN-OIE] must be sent to an accredited lab.
- When the blood sample arrives at the lab, the 30-day stateside at-home quarantine begins.
- Book an appointment with your veterinarian to issue an interstate pet health certificate. Your veterinary appointment for the interstate health certificate must be within 10 days of flight arrival in Hawaii.
- These required vaccinations must be listed on the health certificate: DA2PPL/DAPPL (distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus, parainfluenza and leptospirosis) for dogs and FVRCP (feline rhinotracheitis, calcivirus, and panleukopenia) for cats.
- External parasite treatment is required with Fipronil or equivalent and must be listed on the health certificate. Revolution is not acceptable.
- Pets entering Honolulu, Oahu may submit import permit documents no later than 15 days before entry. Pets entering any other Hawaiian island must submit documents 30 days in advance.
After you move:
Please register with a local veterinarian to keep your pet's rabies vaccination up to date. Veterinarians typically send reminder notices when vaccinations are due. If another move is in your future, you and your pet will be ready.
Air Animal Pet Movers® and our U.S. move specialists know the drill, know the routine, and are experienced. Pet moving made easy®. That's our focus, our passion and our promise.