Move Your Pet Qatar
Leave the details to us!
As you plan your relocation to Qatar, you will discover your small pet dog or cat may fly as accompanied or unaccompanied baggage depending on the passenger airline you choose. Medium- and large-sized pets must fly as manifested air cargo, which Air Animal can arrange.
Afghans, American Staffordshire terriers, boerboel, Boston terriers, boxers, bull terriers, bull mastiffs, bulldogs, great Danes, Japanese akitas, pitbulls, pugs, rottweilers, Chinese shar-pei and dobermans are banned by Qatar.
We can take care of:
- Microchip identification, as well proof of at least two rabies immunization and multi-booster vaccinations at least 30 days before, but not more than one year before, entry are required.
- The required vaccinations are: DA2PPL/DAPPL (distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus, parainfluenza and leptospirosis) for dogs and FVRCP (feline rhinotracheitis, calcivirus, and panleukopenia) for cats.
- A rabies antibody test [FAVN-OIE] is required at least 12 weeks before export to Qatar. Before the blood test, a minimum waiting period of 21 days is required after the most recent rabies vaccination. The serum sample must be submitted to an approved laboratory in the country of origin.
- An international health certificate issued no more than 14-days before departure by an accredited veterinarian and endorsed for export by the USDA is also required.
- Valid import permit, issued by the Veterinary Quarantine Authority, part of the Ministry of Municipalities and Agriculture Affairs.
- Advance air cargo booking and international travel kennel for medium and large pets.
After you move:
Please register with a local veterinarian to keep your pet's rabies vaccination up to date. Veterinarians typically send reminder notices when vaccinations are due. If another move is in your future, you and your pet will be ready.