Move Your Pet United Arab Emirates
Leave the details to us!
As you plan your relocation to Dubai or Abu Dhabi in the UAE, you will discover your pet dog or cat must fly as manifested air cargo, which requires advance booking.
We can take care of:
- Pet entry into the Emirates is controlled by both an import permit and a booked air cargo shipment.
- Microchip identification, as well proof of rabies immunization and multi-booster vaccinations at least 30 days before, but not more than one year before, entry are required.
- The required vaccinations are: DA2PPL/DAPPL (distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus, parainfluenza and leptospirosis) for dogs and FVRCP (feline rhinotracheitis, calcivirus, and panleukopenia) for cats.
- A rabies antibody test [FAVN-OIE] is required to be performed at least 12 weeks before export to the UAE. Before the blood test can be taken, a minimum waiting period of 21 days is required after the most recent rabies vaccination. The serum sample must be submitted to an approved laboratory in the country of origin.
- An international health certificate issued no more than 10-days before departure by an accredited veterinarian and endorsed for export by the USDA is also required.
- Internal parasite treatment (praziquantel – Bayer Drontal Plus) and external parasite treatment (fipronil - Merial Frontline) are required.
After you move:
Please register with a local veterinarian to keep your pet's rabies vaccination up to date. Veterinarians typically send reminder notices when vaccinations are due.
Also consider having your U.S. veterinarian run a complete blood count, a differential and chem panel on your dog or cat before moving. Take the report with you to share with your new veterinarian. If another move is in your future, you and your pet will be ready.
Destination points beyond Dubai (DXB) and Abu Dhabi (AUH) are easily accessed by Air Animal Pet Movers® and its affiliation with the pet shipping services in the Emirates. Pet moving made easy®. That's our focus, our passion and our promise.